• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Percentage Circulus vitiosus

#1 User is offline   cicus 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:chess, sports, music, reading, movies

Posted 2019-May-26, 08:34

Almost always, when I want to register to a tournament, I am denied because of low historic completion rate. I can't understand why because:
1. I have never quitted a tournament.
2. I have completed 9 tournaments recently, so even if I quit the next one, my completion rate will be 90%.

I was told by a yellow that I need to complete 10 tournaments. But how can I do that if I am always denied? Unconditional tournaments are very rare.

Besides, although I did not play for several years, I did participate at tournaments before that but it seems those do not count, my history must have been cleared.

Let me add that in my profile I can see that my board completion rate is 100%. Is that not enough?

I hope I will have the required 10 this evening but the way this is dealt with does not feel right.

Cheers to all,
Gabor Szots
Gabor Szots
Szentendre, Hungary

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-May-26, 08:47

You don't have a TCR, because you haven't played 10 tournaments yet. Players with an unknown TCR are not eligible for any tourneys that have a TCR requirement.

We never reset TCR -- maybe your previous tournaments were before we started calculating this.

Play 1 robot tournament and you'll have the require 10 tourneys, and your TCR will be 100%.

Board completion rate doesn't count towards tourney completion rate. One is for playing in the MBC, the other is for tourneys.

#3 User is offline   cicus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-28, 03:12

View Postbarmar, on 2019-May-26, 08:47, said:

You don't have a TCR, because you haven't played 10 tournaments yet. Players with an unknown TCR are not eligible for any tourneys that have a TCR requirement.

We never reset TCR -- maybe your previous tournaments were before we started calculating this.

Play 1 robot tournament and you'll have the require 10 tourneys, and your TCR will be 100%.

Board completion rate doesn't count towards tourney completion rate. One is for playing in the MBC, the other is for tourneys.

Yes, I have completed 10 tournaments now, as suggested by you and Aurora at BBO, who was very helpful in explaining me the working of TCR.

However, I have learned that my TCR will disappear as soon as I haven't played for 2 months. In that case I will have to play 10 tournaments which I don't intended to play in, just to have a TCR again. The purpose of this escapes me completely. Have I become unreliable because of the break?
Gabor Szots
Szentendre, Hungary

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-May-28, 08:00

View Postcicus, on 2019-May-28, 03:12, said:

However, I have learned that my TCR will disappear as soon as I haven't played for 2 months. In that case I will have to play 10 tournaments which I don't intended to play in, just to have a TCR again. The purpose of this escapes me completely. Have I become unreliable because of the break?

That's not correct. Once you have a TCR, it stays. It will be updated each day as long as you have played 10 tournaments in 2 months, otherwise it will just stick at the old value.

#5 User is offline   cicus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-29, 02:29

View Postbarmar, on 2019-May-28, 08:00, said:

That's not correct. Once you have a TCR, it stays. It will be updated each day as long as you have played 10 tournaments in 2 months, otherwise it will just stick at the old value.

OK, thanks. I must have misunderstood something.
Gabor Szots
Szentendre, Hungary

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users