BBO Discussion Forums: Redeal - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redeal in P.A.

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2018-August-06, 01:47

I use Play Anonymously to try bridge solutions for example for the game or for bidding not having the need to "improve" as for a Novice but to check out some of my ideas before using it, if it have succesfull, at the game table. The other day I had a hand (for which I made a screenshot) that I wanted to replay after the end (6 xE + 1 by GIB) also to review which IMPs were then attributed to different scores. Replay an already played hand is possible and I have already done so once replaying the hand in the same way to check if the score changed. To do this you must use "Redeal" repeatedly and probably returning to the same situation of vulnerability (after doing the rounds of the same). So I wanted to know what the conditions were in order to obtain this possibility of repetition ( i.e. how many times do we have to act on "Redeal"?), avoiding attempts to empty with a relative loss of time.(Lovera)

#2 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-01, 06:53

Last Sunday 28/4/19 I was in P.A. to carry out declarative tests and, as mentioned in post # 1, I carry out the redeal in a repeated way (which however involves a time commitment and is the reason why I have already asked how to speed up this operation with some type of selection) up to to obtain a suitable hand which in this case was to verify the Jacoby 2NT. Afterwards I made this mode again finding the second hand and also a third time (GIB in N bid 1) and probably it was on a predetermined lot. I therefore ask you to know from which database it is possible to find the hands (then bidded and played ) with GIB in Play Anounimously.

#3 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-May-01, 07:05

Its very cute that you are trying to do this all manually, however, I can't help but believe that you're better off

1. Learning how to use a hand generator to constrain your hands
2. Feeding this all into a double dummy engine

Yes, there may be some bias to DD analysis. Even so, its going to give you several orders of magnitude more comparisons.
Alderaan delenda est

#4 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-01, 07:17

View Posthrothgar, on 2019-May-01, 07:05, said:

Its very cute that you are trying to do this all manually, however, I can't help but believe that you're better off

1. Learning how to use a hand generator to constrain your hands
2. Feeding this all into a double dummy engine

Yes, there may be some bias to DD analysis. Even so, its going to give you several orders of magnitude more comparisons.

I don't think this can help me because I am not an expert on IT procedures but instead I am independent of mine for other bridge events (gaming and biddings). Since I was also interested in having also the related indications on the score (purely indicative) I just need to know where to find the source database too.

#5 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-May-01, 11:27

View PostLovera, on 2019-May-01, 07:17, said:

I don't think this can help me because I am not an expert on IT procedures but instead I am independent of mine for other bridge events (gaming and biddings). Since I was also interested in having also the related indications on the score (purely indicative) I just need to know where to find the source database too.

Garbage In
Garbage Out

None of what I was describing is rocket science.
Alderaan delenda est

#6 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-01, 12:43

View Posthrothgar, on 2019-May-01, 11:27, said:

Garbage In
Garbage Out

None of what I was describing is rocket science.

Ok, is it not rocket science but i've already the hand that want by GIB(s) : only if it was possibile to have quickly it's better, i think.

#7 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-02, 03:48

The hand was interesting (coming from those in the Main Club? Or from the tour of the Robots tournaments?). The bidding went so (opp GIBs are silent) :(GIB in N) 1 -2 (if 2NT, N bids 3 ), 2 -3 , 4 -4 ( both cues), 4NT-5 , 5NT-6 , 6 (made with a squeeze). The opening lead was 3 .

#8 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-June-19, 08:16

Where it is possible to find this hand that I played in Play Anounimously between 1:00 to 3:00 am on 06/19/2019 and suitable for the game in bidding defense (5 -1 or 6 -3 for S vs 4 or 5 of W): hand of S Qxx - Kxx AQJ10xxx), all red, IMP ?

#9 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-June-19, 08:28

Sorry, we don't currently save the anonymous hands.

#10 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-June-19, 08:38

View Postbarmar, on 2019-June-19, 08:28, said:

Sorry, we don't currently save the anonymous hands.

It's not about the save, but where are these hands subsequently taken for the game and for the declarative phase, so that they can be found again ?

#11 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-June-19, 08:58

View PostLovera, on 2019-June-19, 08:38, said:

It's not about the save, but where are these hands subsequently taken for the game and for the declarative phase, so that they can be found again ?

I don't understand the question. They're not taken anywhere, they can't be found again.

If you're talking about the anonymous matchpoint and IMP games, the results are held in the server's memory for a short while so that duplicate scores can be produced. But we don't put them anywhere more permanently that we can search easily.

If you want to be able to review old hands, play in the Main Bridge Club. Then you can find them in www.bridgebase.com/myhands.

#12 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-June-19, 09:09

View Postbarmar, on 2019-June-19, 08:58, said:

I don't understand the question. They're not taken anywhere, they can't be found again.

If you're talking about the anonymous matchpoint and IMP games, the results are held in the server's memory for a short while so that duplicate scores can be produced. But we don't put them anywhere more permanently that we can search easily.

Wouldn't it be possible to find it via "My Hands Database" and then to "Click here for results of recent tournaments" subsequently by choosing "Everything" (or somewhere else thing analogically) ?

#13 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-June-20, 08:53

View PostLovera, on 2019-June-19, 09:09, said:

Wouldn't it be possible to find it via "My Hands Database" and then to "Click here for results of recent tournaments" subsequently by choosing "Everything" (or somewhere else thing analogically) ?

They aren't tournaments. It's not clear how we would organize them, other than just grouping them by date. But there are thousands of deals played every day, this would be difficult to scroll through.

The anonymous games are not intended to have lots of features, that's why they're free. If you want to play against robots and have the hands saved, rent the robots for the main bridge club.

#14 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-June-21, 14:44

View Postbarmar, on 2019-June-20, 08:53, said:

They aren't tournaments. It's not clear how we would organize them, other than just grouping them by date. But there are thousands of deals played every day, this would be difficult to scroll through.

The anonymous games are not intended to have lots of features, that's why they're free. If you want to play against robots and have the hands saved, rent the robots for the main bridge club.

You might think they come from the MSN Game Bridge Club archive of hands, but rightly so, even when the hand is transferred. What interested me to know was where I could certainly try to look in the indicated time range ie when I played that hand.

#15 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-June-23, 20:24

View PostLovera, on 2019-June-21, 14:44, said:

What interested me to know was where I could certainly try to look in the indicated time range ie when I played that hand.

Your suggestion is noted. I don't think you should expect this to be added any time soon. The anonymous games are intentionally very simple.

#16 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-June-24, 11:31

View Postbarmar, on 2019-June-23, 20:24, said:

Your suggestion is noted. I don't think you should expect this to be added any time soon. The anonymous games are intentionally very simple.

Thanks, I hope this happens as soon as possible. About the anonymous games in P.A., they can sometimes be simple but I think they can be useful for some personal tests of various types and in this respect they should be re-evaluated or seen.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users