BBO Discussion Forums: Inference from partner's lead out of turn - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Inference from partner's lead out of turn Can this information be used without further adjustment?

#21 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2019-May-21, 21:29

This topic has made me aware that when I give the five options to the presumed declarer, when I say "you may accept the lead and either put your hand down as dummy or see dummy before playing second to the trick", then I should also include "if you chose one of those two options, your LHO is allowed to use any information connected to the card illegally led."

#22 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-May-22, 00:34

View PostBudH, on 2019-May-21, 21:29, said:

This topic has made me aware that when I give the five options to the presumed declarer, when I say "you may accept the lead and either put your hand down as dummy or see dummy before playing second to the trick", then I should also include "if you chose one of those two options, your LHO is allowed to use any information connected to the card illegally led."

Or just say: "You may accept the lead as a legal lead, and ..."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users