BBO Discussion Forums: suggestion to create 'Goulash' column in 'Recent hands and tournament' section - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

suggestion to create 'Goulash' column in 'Recent hands and tournament' section just a fun suggestion

#1 User is offline   lesmatte 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-April-30, 10:44

Hi Uday,

I think it would be better to create a column for goulash hand averages in the 'recent hands and tourneys' section...the reasoning is that I often check my averages in the imp and matchpoint section in effort to figure out where i am in my standard bridge game play...but with all the goulash i play, it disturbs my real game playing averages. Thank you so much for your consideration in this matter, i think its a cool idea.

Warm Regards to the brilliant bbo family.

sincerely,

lesmatte

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-May-01, 08:38

BBO doesn't run the goulash tournaments, these are run by private individuals.

There's nothing in the BBO software that knows these tournaments are goulash. The tourney organizers simply upload pre-created hands that are created with wild distributions. The only way we might be able to pick them out is to search for "goulash" in the names, but this would be slow.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-May-01, 09:17

View Postbarmar, on 2019-May-01, 08:38, said:

There's nothing in the BBO software that knows these tournaments are goulash. The tourney organizers simply upload pre-created hands that are created with wild distributions. The only way we might be able to pick them out is to search for "goulash" in the names, but this would be slow.

This is a limitation, though.
It would be great if BBO could run automated goulash tournaments just like it does for non-goulash bridge.
All it would take is a modification to create wild distributions, or select them from a pre-created database.
The tournaments run by individuals are often chaotic or slow due to the difficulty of managing so many players manually.

#4 User is offline   lesmatte 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-May-02, 07:56

i want to make sure i expressed my self correctly...i am discussing the function under the 'recent hands' tab that allows us to look at total game averages..all kinds of different games are listed...so right now i can look at my IMP averages, I can look at MP averages, both of theses contain, goulash hands....can we add another column that looks strictly at goulash hands. im not a computer person, so you may have explained it well, i just dont get it...ty

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-May-02, 10:06

View Postlesmatte, on 2019-May-02, 07:56, said:

i want to make sure i expressed my self correctly...i am discussing the function under the 'recent hands' tab that allows us to look at total game averages..all kinds of different games are listed...so right now i can look at my IMP averages, I can look at MP averages, both of theses contain, goulash hands....can we add another column that looks strictly at goulash hands. im not a computer person, so you may have explained it well, i just dont get it...ty

Nothing in our software knows which hands are goulash hands, so we can't show separate statistics for them.

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-May-02, 14:30

View Postbarmar, on 2019-May-02, 10:06, said:

Nothing in our software knows which hands are goulash hands, so we can't show separate statistics for them.

With all due respect, that seems to me a copout... a search of a few microseconds could find "goulash" in the tournament name. And if the programmer is competent, the search only has to be made once when the tournament is created, not for everyone that plays it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users