BBO Discussion Forums: WHAT TO BID OVER RHO'S 2D MULTI. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WHAT TO BID OVER RHO'S 2D MULTI.

#1 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2019-May-11, 00:33

SIRS BOARD 18,,South holds S Q-H AK92 -D QJ1065-C AQ3 RHO opens 2 diamonds (weak in a major or 19-20 Balanced). Q1) if you chose to PASS it goes P-2H(PASS OR CORRECT)-PASS-PASS-? Q2) If you chose to double and it goes (i) x--2H -Pass-2S--? (ii) x-2H-2S-Pass-? (iii)x-2H-3S-Pass-? and (iv) x-Pass-3S-Pass-?. CLARIFICATION.-The opponents are known experts.You have no special agreements.LHO"S Pass or 2H have their normal meanings.You are Vul vs.Non vul. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-11, 01:20

You'd have to specify a defense. Some defense have an immediate takeout dbl of spades (typically 1 of dbl, 2H, 2S?) which you would presumably employ 1st round. In others you are expected to pass anticipating to takeout dbl of spades, but when they show hearts allegedly instead probably 2nt shows this sort of off-shape thing from failure to bid 2nt the first time.

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-11, 06:15

Playing bread and butter defense (i.e. x=13-16 bal or most monster hands), I start with double.
- if partner makes a free 2 bid I bid 2NT which should show abut 20 points and is forcing
- if opps stop in hearts I bid 2NT, which shows 20-22 bal and is nonforcing.
- if opps bid spades I double again, which shows about this hand.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#4 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-11, 13:37

View Postmsjennifer, on 2019-May-11, 00:33, said:

SIRS BOARD 18,,South holds S Q-H AK92 -D QJ1065-C AQ3 RHO opens 2 diamonds (weak in a major or 19-20 Balanced). Q1) if you chose to PASS it goes P-2H(PASS OR CORRECT)-PASS-PASS-? Q2) If you chose to double and it goes (i) x--2H -Pass-2S--? (ii) x-2H-2S-Pass-? (iii)x-2H-3S-Pass-? and (iv) x-Pass-3S-Pass-?. CLARIFICATION.-The opponents are known experts.You have no special agreements.LHO"S Pass or 2H have their normal meanings.You are Vul vs.Non vul. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Thanks to you too, but I think that as an experienced contributor you should prepare a hand diagram.
I understood this:

Our defence to Multicolor treats the first bid bid as if we knew the opponents had spades, so we have a clear Double here.

#5 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2019-May-11, 13:49

View Postmsjennifer, on 2019-May-11, 00:33, said:

View Postpescetom, on 2019-May-11, 13:37, said:

Thanks to you too, but I think that as an experienced contributor you should prepare a hand diagram.
I understood this:

Our defence to Multicolor treats the first bid bid as if we knew the opponents had spades, so we have a clear Double here.

FYP

#6 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2019-May-11, 23:58

SIRS,on the table it went 2D-PASS-2H(PASS OR CORRECT)-PASS-PASS-?.Now it is known that EAST'S 2D was a weak 2 in hearts. What action should South take now ? Is it Pass quietly or bid 2NT for minors.?

#7 User is offline   apollo1201 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-12, 01:34

View Postmsjennifer, on 2019-May-11, 23:58, said:

SIRS,on the table it went 2D-PASS-2H(PASS OR CORRECT)-PASS-PASS-?.Now it is known that EAST'S 2D was a weak 2 in hearts. What action should South take now ? Is it Pass quietly or bid 2NT for minors.?

Could they be taking advantage of the vulnerability and have S?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users