BBO Discussion Forums: enjoy sitting at the table - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

enjoy sitting at the table

#1 User is offline   polarmatt 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-May-15, 22:40

i like sitting at a table for hours playing card games. is it hard to find players that want to spend all day Saturday and Sunday playing bridge? there's poker games in my area that do this but i don't want to spend the hundred plus dollars just to buy-in to enable me to play.

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-May-16, 04:58

View Postpolarmatt, on 2019-May-15, 22:40, said:

i like sitting at a table for hours playing card games. is it hard to find players that want to spend all day Saturday and Sunday playing bridge? there's poker games in my area that do this but i don't want to spend the hundred plus dollars just to buy-in to enable me to play.

Find a weekend tournament near you, or a club that has Saturday or Sunday sessions. Or invite over some friends and if they don’t play bridge, teach them.

Also if there is a rubber bridge club near you they will be playing every day.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-16, 13:31

View Postpolarmatt, on 2019-May-15, 22:40, said:

there's poker games in my area that do this but i don't want to spend the hundred plus dollars just to buy-in to enable me to play.

It's not the initial buy-in that costs the most money. It's the bad beats and repeated buy-ins that cost the real money. Of course, you always have the chance of winning.

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2019-May-16, 14:13

View Postjohnu, on 2019-May-16, 13:31, said:

It's not the initial buy-in that costs the most money. It's the bad beats and repeated buy-ins that cost the real money. Of course, you always have the chance of winning.

There are probably much cheaper tournaments available, and you don’t have to re-buy or top up, and some tournaments don’t even allow that. Get in touch with the local poker clubs, and you might find an affordable game. There may also be low-level limit games where, with little luck, you can stay for quite a while before running out of money.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-16, 14:20

View PostVampyr, on 2019-May-16, 14:13, said:

There are probably much cheaper tournaments available, and you don’t have to re-buy or top up, and some tournaments don’t even allow that. Get in touch with the local poker clubs, and you might find an affordable game. There may also be low-level limit games where, with little luck, you can stay for quite a while before running out of money.

An eccentric few of us still feel that at least during the weekend one could just play cards in the evening and during the day play sport or watch it, make kids or play with them, organise a barbecue with friends or enjoy one, etc etc B-)

#6 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2019-May-16, 14:23

View Postpescetom, on 2019-May-16, 14:20, said:

An eccentric few of us still feel that at least during the weekend one could just play cards in the evening and during the day play sport or watch it, make kids or play with them, organise a barbecue with friends or enjoy one, etc etc B-)

You can do what pleases you. No one cares. The OP would like to spend more time playing cards. And he didn’t say that he had people to plqay with in the evening but not during the day.

#7 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2019-May-17, 16:22

There is something online called meet-up groups. I don’t know exactly how it works, but you can find like-minded people to engage in activities.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users