BBO Discussion Forums: RKCB Occasionally Erroneously Showing Queen - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RKCB Occasionally Erroneously Showing Queen

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-May-20, 20:56

Hi all

Recently I was very lucky in a tournament. Well I could have been very unlucky and upset being told partner had the Queen on this hand but was relieved that GiB did not make the winning lead. It has happened a few times - showing the Queen in RKCB

Maybe GiB felt bad and balanced it up with the lead :)

regards P

PS I've also had a few bad occasions when GiB showed even keycards and a void with 0 keycards. I think it is generally preferable to show zero keycards in the case of zero

#2 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-20, 21:18

It's standard practice to show the trump queen when you know there is a 10-card fit. The odds of a 2-1 break are 78%, and you can often pick up trumps even when they are 3-0.

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2019-May-20, 21:20

You have been told this before.
Gib shows the queen of trump with extra trump length..
Not just Gib does this it is standard!
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#4 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 00:17

Typical responses. Exactly what I expect from some of the characters around here

Who has been told this before. Certainly not me. If that is the case then the bid descriptions should be changed. Its certainly not common practice i my experience to lie during Blackwood

Sorry you cant resort to usual attack mode when there is an error or lack of clarity :)

I know it makes sense to not be concerned about the Q with a 10 trump fit but there was really no need for the attitude. I think some of you are just so used to being rude to each other all the time you even attack people who post a perfectly reasonable and friendly query. God only knows where some of you lot learned your manners and behaviour

From personal experience and in my own business I have generally found that when a paying client makes a polite request I don't treat them like *****, be rude them and show obnoxious attitude. But seemingly this place is different. Amazing you are still in business BBO

#5 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 00:51

View Postthepossum, on 2019-May-21, 00:17, said:

From personal experience and in my own business I have generally found that when a paying client makes a polite request I don't treat them like *****, be rude them and show obnoxious attitude. But seemingly this place is different. Amazing you are still in business BBO

This is an open newsgroup and the responses you get on it are not usually from BBO representatives. You are not a paying client with regard to the forums.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#6 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 01:14

View Postgordontd, on 2019-May-21, 00:51, said:

This is an open newsgroup and the responses you get on it are not usually from BBO representatives. You are not a paying client with regard to the forums.

Come on Gordon. You cant use that argument to defend obnoxiousness from people. Bridge is essentially a bridge club. Bridge base hosts this site and is responsible for its content. If senior memmbers of the club keep abusing other paying members of that club then that does not reflect well on the club, the companny or the site. All I'm asking for is an end to the incessnt rudeness from some characters. It seems to have an unpleasant culture, clearly built up over time without any attempt at moderation. You get the sme behaviour at the tables, from kibitzers, on the forums from some people. I made a perfectly reasonable friendly post, as always and was treated rudely again. I for one am not prepared to put up with that level of obnoxious attitude

#7 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 01:25

Whenever anyone corrects something about your knowledge of the game, or suggests a bid or play by you is not the best, you often cry victim, that you are being rudely attacked. This is not the case nearly always. People are making perfectly reasonable, factual and friendly advice, constructive criticism, trying to help you out, trying to teach you stuff that your posts show that you simply haven't learned yet. Then often you go ballistic, accusing everyone of "ad hominem" attacks when none of the previous posts in the thread were anything of the sort, which then provokes some attacks on your actual character.

It is not our fault that you have the thinnest skin of anyone on the internet (well, this forum, anyway). And that you have an inaccurate perception of what good, standard, advanced bridge is.

If a child claims that 3 * 3 = 6, and a teacher gently informs him that no, it equals 9, is the teacher being obnoxious and rude?

#8 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 02:15

Typical responses. Exactly what I expect from some of the characters around here

You wanted to know why the robot is acting that way, and you got two perfectly reasonable responses answering the question and pointing out that this is a normal part of the convention. A typical response would be to learn something about bridge from it, but once again you decide to take another option. Your choice I guess, so good luck with that.

#9 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 02:43

View Postthepossum, on 2019-May-21, 01:14, said:

Come on Gordon. You cant use that argument to defend obnoxiousness from people. Bridge is essentially a bridge club. Bridge base hosts this site and is responsible for its content. If senior memmbers of the club keep abusing other paying members of that club then that does not reflect well on the club, the companny or the site. All I'm asking for is an end to the incessnt rudeness from some characters. It seems to have an unpleasant culture, clearly built up over time without any attempt at moderation. You get the sme behaviour at the tables, from kibitzers, on the forums from some people. I made a perfectly reasonable friendly post, as always and was treated rudely again. I for one am not prepared to put up with that level of obnoxious attitude

I don't defend obnoxious behaviour, but the person I see frequently behaving unreasonably here is you, in your unwillingness to accept sensible answers to the questions you raise, and your unwillingness to be corrected when you are wrong. Consequently I have come to the conclusion that you are just here to troll and so I shan't engage with you again.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#10 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 03:02

Who has been told this before. Certainly not me. If that is the case then the bid descriptions should be changed. Its certainly not common practice i my experience to lie during Blackwood

Sorry you cant resort to usual attack mode when there is an error or lack of clarity :)

I know it makes sense to not be concerned about the Q with a 10 trump fit but there was really no need for the attitude. I think some of you are just so used to being rude to each other all the time you even attack people who post a perfectly reasonable and friendly query. God only knows where some of you lot learned your manners and behaviour

You say you weren't told about showing the trump queen when having extra length??? A quick search finds this from November 22, 2018.

RKCB Bid leads to missed slam

But having decided not to show the void, for whatever reason, 5♠ is the correct bid, not 5♥. When you have a 10 card fit, you "show the queen", since a ten card fit doesn't have a deep loser (which is what the purpose of asking for the queen is).

So by bidding 5♠, GIB is telling you it has a 5th spade. You can then safely bid 6♠.

Does the fact that you are 100% factually wrong make you consider posting an apology?

#11 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-May-21, 03:27

View Postjohnu, on 2019-May-21, 03:02, said:

You say you weren't told about showing the trump queen when having extra length??? A quick search finds this from November 22, 2018.

thanks for sparing me the effort
Alderaan delenda est

#12 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-May-21, 04:00

Its certainly not common practice i my experience to lie during Blackwood

Given that you don't actually know the responses, I'm guessing that you are actually making erroneous replies to Queen asks some non significant portion of the time...
Alderaan delenda est

#13 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 04:52

View Postjohnu, on 2019-May-21, 03:02, said:

RKCB Bid leads to missed slam

Nor is it the only time you showed uncertainty about RKCB or ignored sound advice.

In the post before that you commented that it was boring to attack GIB and said that you considered (for no good reason) denying the Queen when you held it. Now you attack GIB because (for a good reason) it showed the Queen when it did not hold it :)

#14 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-May-21, 07:19

Come on Gordon. You cant use that argument to defend obnoxiousness from people.

Look in the mirror possum.

You repeatedly post the same complaints
You are incapable of learning from people's replies
You can't even remember your own posts from a few months back
You have a ridiculous persecution complex
and you are constantly whining about other people's conduct when you are being treated with kid gloves

If everyone is treating you with disrespect, perhaps it's time to ask what you are doing wrong
Alderaan delenda est

#15 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-21, 16:41

Stop feeding the troll and maybe it will grow bored and troll elsewhere.

#16 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2019-May-21, 20:34

Nov 22, 2018
and you had the same response then as you did now, you disputed what the good players were saying about RKCB that you had missed!!! and that is an understatement!
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#17 User is offline   masse24 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-May-22, 05:58

I made a perfectly reasonable friendly post, as always and was treated rudely again. I for one am not prepared to put up with that level of obnoxious attitude

Knock it off with the persecution complex and grow up!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

#18 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-May-22, 07:02

I still suggest you play with Jack not Gib you can tell jack you don't want him to show the q with extra length.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users