BBO Discussion Forums: New BBO Faq - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New BBO Faq

#1 User is offline   steve2005 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,842
  • Joined: 2010-April-22
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Canada
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2019-May-25, 18:51

Is missing dozens of tips that are required and people have to figure out for themselves.
Alternative is to post or email support
but more stuff should be in the faq
Sarcasm is a state of mind
0

#2 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 18,485
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2019-May-25, 19:59

View Poststeve2005, on 2019-May-25, 18:51, said:

Is missing dozens of tips that are required and people have to figure out for themselves.
Alternative is to post or email support
but more stuff should be in the faq

We made the FAQ based on the questions we've seen here and in support emails. If there's something you think we should add, let us know and we'll add it.

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,842
  • Joined: 2010-April-22
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Canada
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2019-May-25, 22:04

how to see last trick
seeing double dummy results
see convention cards
options - you have. but should explain some of options- confirm bid and card played should be emphasized
keyboard for bidding I have never figured out
Sarcasm is a state of mind
0

#4 User is offline   EddyHaskel 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 2009-January-16

Posted 2019-May-26, 13:17

When playing, how to tell it not to make us sit at "bottom" of table when we are not south?
I prefer to sit at top when north, at bottom when south, at left when west and at right when east.
Can't find that setting.

In general, I think V3 is an excellent upgrade. It's faster, it's more compatible with more operating systems, it's https, Flash-free, and html-5 compatible.
Great work!
(edited for typos -- I need a new spacebar... heh)
0

#5 User is offline   aleaxit 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 2017-October-01

Posted 2019-May-26, 15:19

I just played several deals with & against friends, and just could not figure out how to refresh the results -- one hand in particular remained in the "no comparison" state all the way to the end of our play (hour+). So we don't really know for sure who won the friendly match! Surely there must be a way to "refreesh"? But it's darn well hidden if so!-)
0

#6 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 18,485
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2019-May-28, 07:56

View PostEddyHaskel, on 2019-May-26, 13:17, said:

When playing, how to tell it not to make us sit at "bottom" of table when we are not south?

That option doesn't exist (and didn't exist in the old version, either). You're always at the bottom, so it looks like when you're playing at a real table (the exception is when you take the place of the robot in a human-declares tournament).

#7 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 18,485
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2019-May-28, 07:57

View Postaleaxit, on 2019-May-26, 15:19, said:

I just played several deals with & against friends, and just could not figure out how to refresh the results -- one hand in particular remained in the "no comparison" state all the way to the end of our play (hour+). So we don't really know for sure who won the friendly match! Surely there must be a way to "refreesh"? But it's darn well hidden if so!-)

There will be a Refresh button in the History tab in the next update.

#8 User is offline   johnu 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,789
  • Joined: 2008-September-10

Posted 2019-May-28, 14:46

View Postbarmar, on 2019-May-28, 07:56, said:

That option doesn't exist (and didn't exist in the old version, either). You're always at the bottom, so it looks like when you're playing at a real table (the exception is when you take the place of the robot in a human-declares tournament).


This option was in in the original(?) windows version, along with displaying dummy in 4 vertical columns with trumps on the left according to the rules of bridge.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users