Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACBL District Designation

#1 User is offline   Smiles3usa 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-May-23, 18:54

Is it feasible (possible?) that for those who choose USA as country that they could also select their District. So that their description might read USA - District XX. I think this might be valuable for finding partners for tournaments that one might like to attend outside of their home district; bringing on-line players in touch with players in their home districts (and thus encouraging F2F play) and encouraging folks just to have something else to communicate with another about. I think that the more that we can get folks communicating, the better it might be for bridge -- both BBO and the ACBL. (I must admit that I am ignorant about other NBOs so I don't know if this would translate world-wide.)

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-May-24, 03:21

View PostSmiles3usa, on 2019-May-23, 18:54, said:

Is it feasible (possible?) that for those who choose USA as country that they could also select their District. So that their description might read USA - District XX. I think this might be valuable for finding partners for tournaments that one might like to attend outside of their home district; bringing on-line players in touch with players in their home districts (and thus encouraging F2F play) and encouraging folks just to have something else to communicate with another about. I think that the more that we can get folks communicating, the better it might be for bridge -- both BBO and the ACBL. (I must admit that I am ignorant about other NBOs so I don't know if this would translate world-wide.)

I am actually rather shocked that, 15+ years after the start of the forums, someone has proposed an idea that is

1. Simple
2. Novel
3. Good

Nice to see that not everything as been beaten to death
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-May-25, 20:03

Districts are pretty large, and I'm not sure most people know district numbers except their home district. If we were to add something like this, it would probably make more sense to just list states.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users