• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

L15B1 - unequitable ruling?

#21 User is online   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-June-20, 07:58

View Postbarmar, on 2019-June-19, 08:49, said:

But directors should generally accomodate reasonable requests when feasible. You obviously can't give everyone a stationary seat, and you often want to balance the NS and EW fields. But a small number of requests can almost always be handled easily.

I've never heard of the Dutch movement where the boards are stationary and all players move. I assume in small games you actually have more physical tables than tables in play, which is analogous to the bye-stand tables that are used in Howell movements.

Agree with your first paragraph. The movement sounds like a Chalfont, which iirc was described in an earlier edition of Larry Harris’ book for directors, I think the fourth. The book is currently in I think the sixth edition.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#22 User is online   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-June-20, 08:01

View Postpescetom, on 2019-June-19, 11:56, said:

I agree fully with that. So what artificial adjusted score should NS 6 get, 50%?

I think so, yes.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#23 User is offline   sanst 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-June-21, 01:42

View Postbarmar, on 2019-June-19, 08:49, said:

I've never heard of the Dutch movement where the boards are stationary and all players move. I assume in small games you actually have more physical tables than tables in play, which is analogous to the bye-stand tables that are used in Howell movements.

AFAIK these movements are based on Mitchell movements. Before WW2 the so-called Scheveningen movements were introduced at a tournament in that seaside resort. These have evolved to the movements that are used at most Dutch clubs, the Multiplex movements of thne Dutch bridge union. Standard at MP’s you play 5, 6 or seven rounds of four boards each with everybody moving to another table between rounds. When there are more pairs than double the number of tables, boards are exchanged between tables.
Joost

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users