BBO Discussion Forums: Easy reporting of bizarre robot bids and play - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Easy reporting of bizarre robot bids and play

#1 User is offline   JaxBurn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-June-23, 10:54

Yes, the Robots make the same stupid mistakes for everybody, so in the long, long run it will sort of even out. But I find it not so enjoyable to encounter so many odd bids and plays, and even though GIB may be the best around, it is not good, IMHO. So I want a really easy way for everybody to send notice To BBO of every such bizarre play or bid, in the hopes that the programmers of GIB will see what needs to be fixed and will fix it.

By "easy", I mean simply a "point and click". While the hand is still on the screen, or brought back to the screen, there will be a place on the screen labled "report robot deficiency" or some such. Touch that and your report about that hand comes up with a place to add a comment (no need to identify the tournament or the hand, as that is already on the report). You add any remark that will quickly direct attention to the problematic bid or play, and then hit "send". Another help would be if you could simply highlight the bid in question and click it onto the report.

And I don't see why BBO couldn't accumulate such reports by computer, sorted by tournament and hand, and bid/play, so the programmers could easily see what most deserves their attention.

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-June-23, 11:54

View PostJaxBurn, on 2019-June-23, 10:54, said:

GIB may be the best around

LOL
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2019-June-23, 11:56

When hand is over. (You really should wait till you have seen all hands before saying GIB blundered even though you may be right.)

Go to history page if that tab not open
go to hand in question.
click on blue square with 3 white lines
click on export
click on send robot report.
you can put in description as detailed as you want.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#4 User is offline   JaxBurn 

• Pip

Posted 2019-June-23, 21:08

View Poststeve2005, on 2019-June-23, 11:56, said:

When hand is over. (You really should wait till you have seen all hands before saying GIB blundered even though you may be right.)

go to hand in question.
click on export

Thanks, Steve, but I know (knew) you can to this, but that's too elaborate (at least for me). I want a simple and very fast method so I can go on to the next deal and finish the game before 0100 when they close the table (I mostly play between midnight and 0100, Eastern time, and try to get in two games )

Yes, I would finish the play of that deal and be looking at all the hands first, but the deal with the bad GIB play would still be on the screen for my click. I guess I should have used the word "deal" in my original post. Thanks.

Burnie

#5 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2019-June-24, 05:16

View PostJaxBurn, on 2019-June-23, 21:08, said:

Thanks, Steve, but I know (knew) you can to this, but that's too elaborate (at least for me). I want a simple and very fast method so I can go on to the next deal and finish the game before 0100 when they close the table (I mostly play between midnight and 0100, Eastern time, and try to get in two games
If the game is something that will show up in your history you can do it quite a while later by going in to your history.

This method is very simple and BBO will often need the entire hand to fully look at the problem. and most of time you can't tell if it is a real problem until you have finished and can see Gibs hand.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#6 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-June-24, 06:08

View PostJaxBurn, on 2019-June-23, 21:08, said:

Thanks, Steve, but I know (knew) you can to this, but that's too elaborate (at least for me). I want a simple and very fast method so I can go on to the next deal and finish the game before 0100 when they close the table (I mostly play between midnight and 0100, Eastern time, and try to get in two games )

Yes, I would finish the play of that deal and be looking at all the hands first, but the deal with the bad GIB play would still be on the screen for my click. I guess I should have used the word "deal" in my original post. Thanks.

Burnie

If reporting a "problem" isn't worth 10 seconds of your time, I'm not sure why you expect anyone else to care
Alderaan delenda est

#7 User is offline   StanR 

• PipPip

Posted 2019-July-08, 00:51

View Poststeve2005, on 2019-June-23, 11:56, said:

go to hand in question.
click on export

I would be happy if "send robot report" ALWAYS came up when "export deal" is clicked, but it doesn't.
I'm not sure what you mean by the "history page" but I use "My BBO"/"Hands and Results"/"Recent Tournaments"/"My Hands" and "send robot report" doesn't seem to show up there as an option under "export".

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-July-08, 08:22

View PostStanR, on 2019-July-08, 00:51, said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the "history page" but I use "My BBO"/"Hands and Results"/"Recent Tournaments"/"My Hands" and "send robot report" doesn't seem to show up there as an option under "export".

That's the old version, which is on its way out, so no enhancements are being made. The "History" tab is in the new, HTML5 version.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users