• You cannot reply to this topic

Directing with the HTML version

#1 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-June-27, 07:28

You will often miss TD calls when there is no sound anouncing it

Identifying "reds" at a table is difficult

Showing the table number of a TD call in the beginning of the call would help to identify calls from the same table

Hard to see where to click to open a TD call

Opening a table by using the profile of a player seems not to work.

writing chat is too slow especially for directors who have to write a lot

default message to "table" please not to Kibitzers or tournament

opening results for a player not working
(finally it worked but that was much too slow for directing and more steps necessary)

Adjustment of results very complicated. Contract and player is not copied

I directed in English as in German reading problems would make life even harder. You are using too big fonts for the space you give. Text only partially shown or overlapping quite a lot.

right click on players name in chat or from south does not work properly - context menu must consider place on the screen

informations in the TD area are only partially shown - seems it only is readable in full screen which I normally do not use for BBO

Windows opening are often not changeable in size.

Hard to find how to open tables from the list of tables (click to the table number), might be better to add the column join to have it working the same way as usual.

I cant identify the blocked players any more (category is missing) - calling rude subs is the result

Not possible to copy a players name (often used to open results of a player or to send a chat message)
EDIT: There is a possibility in the context menu. Works ok when you are at the table, more difficult when you want to do it from a chat message as the menu is hidden. Still no way found from the profile.

Dont find my prepared texts for communication

After modifying a tournament the window is not closing

many additional confirming clicks needed (for example each TD call I have to click twice to open the table, opening should be default and deleting a context option)

In the table list I cannot see if kibbing is allowed or not

It would be a real help when it is possible to jump from tournament status to table numbers
(I know that would be a new feature but very much welcome)

No way to copy text into fields without shortcut

In the list of pending tournaments additional lines with error messages are shown. (Starts: NaN:NaN Invalid Date)

Obviously you gave up the idea for team tournaments which is a real pity, Team matches are pain on BBO and would realy deserve an improvement.

Resume: At the moment it is no fun to direct with HTML. I managed less tables then usual and was definitely doing poor. But at least I could find one improvement: It is possible to insert non integer values for the time. So a host can give 6,5 minutes per board for example.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users