Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redeal disabled?

#1 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-July-02, 13:10

I've been brushing up on my bridge skills by playing the "Just Play Bridge" solitaire game. Often I don't care to play 1- or 2-level bids so I click on the menu and select Redeal to get a new hand. Staring today I now get the message: "Cannot redeal". What gives? Is that not a valid use of the redeal function? It has worked fine for the past several months I've been playing solitaire. Is there a personal setting for this? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 User is offline   tdsuth 

• Pip

Posted 2019-July-02, 22:03

I’m looking for help on this too.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-July-03, 08:57

We upgraded the server Monday night, this may have been an unintended consequence. We're investigating.

#4 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip

Posted 2019-July-03, 10:31

View Postbarmar, on 2019-July-03, 08:57, said:

We upgraded the server Monday night, this may have been an unintended consequence. We're investigating.

As I former programmer I understand unintended consequences all too well. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Thanks!

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2023-August-25, 09:07

View PostLWK69, on 2019-July-02, 13:10, said:

I've been brushing up on my bridge skills by playing the "Just Play Bridge" solitaire game. Often I don't care to play 1- or 2-level bids so I click on the menu and select Redeal to get a new hand. Staring today I now get the message: "Cannot redeal". What gives? Is that not a valid use of the redeal function? It has worked fine for the past several months I've been playing solitaire. Is there a personal setting for this? Any help would be appreciated.

May i ask if that one is happened when you were white vs red ?

#6 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-August-25, 14:49

View PostLovera, on 2023-August-25, 09:07, said:

May i ask if that one is happened when you were white vs red ?

Lovera, this is a thread from 2019. The person you are asking has likely not even visited the forums in several years, so they aren't going to respond to your question. Even if they did, they're not going to remember what vulnerability they were in something that happened 4 years ago.

If you have a question, please create a new thread - it's frowned upon to reply to old threads as it gets very confusing.

#7 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-August-25, 14:56

View Postsmerriman, on 2023-August-25, 14:49, said:

If you have a question, please create a new thread - it's frowned upon to reply to old threads as it gets very confusing.

As suggested frequently, it would be a good idea if BBO locked old threads and evaluated any request to reopen.
This becomes more relevant each day as the number of open threads is in continual decline.

#8 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-August-25, 15:33

View Postpescetom, on 2023-August-25, 14:56, said:

As suggested frequently, it would be a good idea if BBO locked old threads and evaluated any request to reopen.
This becomes more relevant each day as the number of open threads is in continual decline.

Barmar has replied to you a couple of times already on this - the archaic forum software doesn't have a way of doing this automatically. It seems like a large waste of time for them to go through all threads manually.

#9 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-August-25, 16:57

Lovera, this is a thread from 2019. The person you are asking has likely not even visited the forums in several years, so they aren't going to respond to your question. Even if they did, they're not going to remember what vulnerability they were in something that happened 4 years ago.

https://www.bridgeba...post__p__992244
In #5 same date h.23.01 the last Reply by LWK69. This perhaps is the key to risolve it (Never say never). Let's wait.
P.S.:I've found LWK69 with my method:via nickname&Find My Content.

#10 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-August-25, 17:53

View PostLovera, on 2023-August-25, 16:57, said:

https://www.bridgeba...post__p__992244
In #5 same date h.23.01 the last Reply by LWK69. This perhaps is the key to risolve it (Never say never). Let's wait.
P.S.:I've found LWK69 with my method:via nickname&Find My Content.

That's another thread from several years ago. There was an issue several years ago while BBO had the split server system in place. That is no longer relevant to anything that goes on today. As mentioned, if you have your own question, post it in a new thread - don't reply in old threads like this.

#11 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-August-26, 02:05

Meanwhile I would like to say that currently this Thread/Topic has currently reached 3591 views even if it is not recent. I would like to bring you the words of helene_t who once said in this regard that one cannot speak of necro as long as someone still has something to say.

#12 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-August-26, 03:32

In order not to wait too long i give the solution: When you start playing and you are w vs w in I position you can use Redeal as well as when you pass later in II one (r vs w) but when you get to III (white vs red) it seems to be not possible to do this. So here's how to do : Start making any bid for your hand and when the continuation of biddings stops you have to proceed with Undo as if you were wrong. Than you are anew at the starting position but from now instead you can use Redeal again (this works in Play Anonymously but I think that one may be utilized regardless of vulnerability).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users