BBO Discussion Forums: Teaching table chat and hand records - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Teaching table chat and hand records Teacher chatting at teacher table

#1 User is offline   biggerclub 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-July-04, 00:36

I was working with some students tonight and I could chat with each individually, but if I chatted to table, they weren't seeing it. This meant I had to do a lot of double post, cut and paste, sort of work. I also had the same problem when working on carding/signalling with a different student while seated at the table. The chat works fine for me when I am seated at a bidding table. It would be so much more convenient if I could chat to table so both can see everything I chat whether we are working on bidding or play.

Also, I would like to have a record of the hands my students saw when I start/host a bidding table for them.

#2 User is offline   ruby007 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-July-31, 02:46

Hello (sorry for bad english).
Your trouble come from the teacher's default tchat targets the KIBITZ, and not the PLAYERS sit at the TABLE.
I have the same problem as you, and must remember CHANGING the tchat target every time BEFORE I start the course.
That problem is only with the new HTML interface.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-July-31, 14:18

Yes, the HTML version doesn't default chat destinations as well as the the Flash version.

A few weeks ago I was playing a practice session in preparation for Vegas, and it took me a half hour to realize that my chats were going to the kibitzer and weren't being seen by partner and opponents.

We'll fix this eventually.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users