Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tournament completion percentage

#1 User is offline   wbartley 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-July-12, 14:57

BBO should remove the minimum of ten tournaments for computing completion percentage and make the completion rate for someone with no history 100%.

I doubt this would noticeably degrade the experience in tournaments with a minimum completion percentage.

#2 User is offline   cvcherry 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-July-26, 17:42

How can I update TCR now? I thought it's abandoned, because no matter how I play tournaments, TCR don't update at all.
Do only certain type of tournaments count for TCR? If so, what are the tournaments?

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-July-26, 18:35

Daylongs and challenges don't count, all the other tournaments do. Completing a robot tournament counts in your favor, but dropping out doesn't count against you.

The easy way to think about is is that if getting disconnected inconveniences others (e.g. requiring a TD to find a sub), it counts against you. But if you have a whole day to finish the tournament, completing doesn't count in your favor.

The easy way to improve your TCR is to play a bunch of robot tourneys (including instant tourneys).

#4 User is offline   cvcherry 

• PipPip

Posted 2019-July-26, 21:12

View Postbarmar, on 2019-July-26, 18:35, said:

Daylongs and challenges don't count, all the other tournaments do. Completing a robot tournament counts in your favor, but dropping out doesn't count against you.

The easy way to think about is is that if getting disconnected inconveniences others (e.g. requiring a TD to find a sub), it counts against you. But if you have a whole day to finish the tournament, completing doesn't count in your favor.

The easy way to improve your TCR is to play a bunch of robot tourneys (including instant tourneys).

Does "Free automated fun" not count? I play that but my TCR is fixed at 67% for years. Or is my account "blacklisted" can't update???

#5 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-July-30, 09:48

View Postcvcherry, on 2019-July-26, 21:12, said:

Does "Free automated fun" not count? I play that but my TCR is fixed at 67% for years. Or is my account "blacklisted" can't update???

You've only played in 3 of those tourneys recently. You need 10 tourneys in the past 2 months to update your TCR. There's no blacklist.

You've also played in the weekly free instant tourneys, but they're not counted (it would be too easy for someone to just play in 10 of them in a row).

#6 User is offline   cvcherry 

• PipPip

Posted 2019-August-07, 22:47

View Postbarmar, on 2019-July-30, 09:48, said:

You've only played in 3 of those tourneys recently. You need 10 tourneys in the past 2 months to update your TCR. There's no blacklist.

You've also played in the weekly free instant tourneys, but they're not counted (it would be too easy for someone to just play in 10 of them in a row).

So TCR only show percentage in 2 months right? That's the key for me, thanks. I thought TCR is all-time total, I must be wrong

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-August-08, 09:26

Kind of.

We only update it when you have at least 10 tourneys in the past 2 months. If you play fewer recent tournaments, your old TCR sticks around. Once you reach that threshold, we update using just the recent statistics.

The point of this is to get an idea of how good your current Internet connection is. Ancient history is not very useful for that. And this means we don't have to keep a huge amount of old data online.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users