• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Youthful Enthusiasm

#21 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-August-28, 21:38

At Table 1, they could be playing transfers over a double, so 1 - (X) - 2 might show a good raise of Spades. Regardless, 4 by South is wrong.

At Table 2, 3 is proper if that's their Limit Raise (or better). This time, North is wrong for bidding 4.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#22 User is offline   nekthen 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-August-29, 04:14

View Postpescetom, on 2019-August-27, 07:18, said:

With 2 side Aces and a risk of missing game vulnerable at IMPS if North has no wastage in hearts? Not for me.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek!

But in the context of junior internationals, I would expect someone to open 2 :D

#23 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-August-29, 07:54

View PostVJ, on 2019-August-27, 18:59, said:

This is perhaps just a sign of how much sound and common sense bridge is fading away. With bread and butter bridge, you cannot get elsewhere than to 2, with West opening the fight.

The juniors have already learned that sound and common sense bridge really does not get you very far in tournaments these days.

Many may decry this situation but I think it is reality. This hand is (clearly) a bad example, but it does highlight the attitude of top players whether Junior, Open, or Seniors in international events.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users